Delicious Cupcake Recipes
An error occurred: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: parameter
- Want to adapt your favorite cake recipe to make cupcakes? Most traditional cake recipes will yield 16-24 cupcakes. Fill liners no more than 2/3 full and decrease baking time to 15-20 minutes.
- Check cupcakes at the low end of the recommended baking time. Use a toothpick to check 2 or 3 cupcakes in different areas of the pan: if it comes out clean, they’re done!
- Cool cupcakes completely before frosting to avoid a melted mess.
- For best results, use a small offset spatula for frosting cupcakes instead of a butter knife.
- If you don’t have piping tips and bags, fill a resealable plastic bag with frosting. Cut a small corner off bottom and use the bag to make decorative designs on cupcakes.
- Freeze unfrosted cupcakes in freezer weight resealable plastic bags for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature, and then frost as desired.
- A cupcake “tree” can instantly transform your cupcakes into an interesting arrangement. You’ll get the drama of a cake with the ease of serving cupcakes.
- For easy transport, purchase a plastic cupcake carrier or bakery box.
- Colorful cupcake liners add a fun twist to any cupcake recipe. Reusable liners made of silicone are also available and help minimize waste.
- Opening the oven door during the cake baking time can cause drafts and fluctuations in the oven temperature. Do not open the oven door while the cake is baking unless absolutely necessary.
- Whether using a homemade cake recipe or a boxed cake mix, check cupcakes at the minimum baking time indicated in recipe. To test for doneness, insert a toothpick in the center of a cupcake. If it comes out clean, the cupcakes are done.
- An important step in mixing cake batters is the creaming of the butter. This incorporates air into the butter for a lighter cake. Room-temperature butter (about 70°F) is best for creaming. Beat the butter only until it is soft and creamy. If the butter begins to look curdled, it was too warm or beaten too much. If this happens, refrigerate the butter for 5 to 10 minutes and continue beating.