Zucchini Marinara Bites
- 1 EACH small green and yellow zucchini, trimmed
- 24 TRISCUIT Crackers
- ½ cup spaghetti sauce
- 6 ciliegine fresh mozzarella balls in water, each cut into 4 slices
- Use spiral slicer to cut zucchini into "noodles." Cut in half.
- Cook in nonstick skillet on medium heat 2 to 3 min. or just until softened.
- Top crackers with spaghetti sauce and cheese.
- Add zucchini.
The flavors of a classic Italian appetizer in a quick-and-easy, smart snack? Yes, please.
- How to Make the Zucchini "Noodles" Without a Spiral Slicer
Use the largest hole of a box grater to shred each zucchini into long lengthwise shreds. Or, use a large knife to cut each zucchini into long, thin matchlike sticks.
To serve warm, heat oven to 350°F. Top crackers with spaghetti sauce and cheese as directed. Bake 2 to 3 min. or until cheese is melted. Meanwhile, cook zucchini as directed. Top crackers with zucchini before serving.
Substitute 1/2 cup ricotta cheese for the sliced ciliegine.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 3.5g|
|Saturated fat 1g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Added sugars 0g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|