Yummy Mummy Spinach Dip
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 sticks mozzarella string cheese
- 2 black oliveslices
- 1 cup light sour cream
- ¼ cup light ranch dressing
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 1 green onion, sliced
- ½ cup finely chopped red peppers
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- WHEAT THINS Original Snacks
- Pat dough into 12x6-inch oval on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Indent dough, about 3 inches from one end of oval, for the mummy's head. Let rise in warm place 20 min. or until doubled in volume.
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Brush dough with egg. Bake 18 to 20 min. or until bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped lightly. Pull apart string cheese to make about 16 strips; arrange on bread for the mummy's wrappings. Bake 1 to 2 min. or just until cheese is melted; cool slightly. Press olive slices into bread for the mummy's eyes; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, mix sour cream and dressing in medium bowl until well blended. Stir in next 5 ingredients. Refrigerate 30 min. or until ready to serve.
- Use sharp knife to remove bread from top of mummy's body; scoop out bread from center, leaving thin shell on bottom and side. (Reserve bread top. Discard removed bread or reserve for another use.) Fill bread with spinach dip just before serving; cover with top of bread. Serve with WHEAT THINS. (Nutrition information is for dip and WHEAT THINS only.)
The spinach makes this delicious dip an excellent source of vitamin A.
Serve with WHEAT THINS Crunch Stix or TRISCUIT Thin Crisps.
Substitute whole cloves, raisins or peppercorns for the sliced black olives.
- Serving Suggestion
Serve dip with cut-up fresh vegetables.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 9g|
|Saturated fat 2.5g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 4g|
|Vitamin A||45 %DV|
|Vitamin C||10 %DV|