White & Black-Tie-Affair Pie
Prep time30 min
Total time5hr 0min
ServingsMakes 10 servings, one slice each.
- 57 NILLA Wafers, divided
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups cold milk, divided
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) white chocolate instant pudding
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) chocolate instant pudding mix
- 2 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Crush 35 of the wafers. Mix crumbs with sugar and butter until well blended. Press firmly onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate. Pour 1 cup of the milk into medium bowl. Add dry white chocolate flavor pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. or until well blended. (Mixture will be thick.) Add 1 cup of the whipped topping; stir gently until well blended. Spread evenly onto bottom of crust. Top with 12 of the remaining wafers.
- Pour remaining 1 cup milk into separate medium bowl. Add remaining dry pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. Gently stir in 1 cup of the remaining whipped topping; spread evenly over wafer layer. Refrigerate at least 3 hours. Meanwhile, melt chocolate as directed on package. Dip one-third of each of the remaining 10 wafers in chocolate. Turn wafers slightly, then dip the opposite side of each wafer in chocolate, leaving a V-shaped portion of each wafer uncoated in the center. Use a wooden toothpick to decorate wafers with some of the remaining chocolate to resemble bow ties. Add "buttons" with small drops of the remaining chocolate. Place on waxed paper-covered baking sheets; let stand until chocolate is firm.
- Top pie with remaining whipped topping just before serving. Garnish with decorated wafers. Store any leftover pie in refrigerator.
Save room for this special-occasion dessert by planning ahead. For example, watch portions and choose lower-fat foods beforehand.
- Cooking Know-How
The best way to thaw frozen frozen whipped topping is in its container in the refrigerator. An 8-oz. tub will thaw in 4 hours. We DO NOT recommend thawing frozen whipped topping in the microwave.
- Special Extra
Garnish with colored sprinkles just before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 16g|
|Saturated fat 10g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 33g|
|Vitamin A||6 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|