WHEAT THINS White Bean & Chicken Chili Dip
Dig into this hearty white bean and chicken chili dip with WHEAT THINS for a satisfying cheesy appetizer that your guests will love.
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. EACH dried oregano leaves and ground cumin
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) white beans, rinsed, divided
- 2 cups fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (11 oz.) corn with red and green bell peppers, drained
- 2 cans (4 oz. each) chopped green chiles, undrained
- 2½ cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- WHEAT THINS Big Snacks
- Heat oil in large cast-iron skillet on medium heat. Add onions and jalapeño peppers; cook 4 to 5 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, oregano and cumin; cook and stir 1 min.
- Add chicken; cook 5 min. or until no longer pink, stirring frequently. Meanwhile, mash half of the beans.
- Stir mashed beans into chicken mixture along with the whole beans, chicken broth, corn and chiles. Bring to boil, stirring frequently; simmer on medium-low heat 4 to 6 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Add 2 cups cheese; cook and stir 1 to 2 min. or until completely melted. Top with remaining cheese.
- Heat broiler. Broil dip, 4 inches from heat, 1 min. or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with WHEAT THINS.
This hearty white bean & chicken chili dip makes eating well a delicious choice.
- Special Extra
Top dip with 1/2 cup light sour cream, 1/4 cup chopped or sliced avocados and 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro sprigs before serving.
If you don't have a large cast-iron skillet, you can instead prepare this cheesy dip in a large saucepan. After melting the 2 cups cheese added to the dip, spoon the dip into 2-qt. casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray. Top with remaining cheese and broil as directed.
- Make Ahead
This dip can be partially prepared ahead of time. Add the 2 cups cheese, then cook until melted. Remove skillet from heat. Do not top with the remaining cheese or broil the dip. Spoon dip into 2-qt. casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray. Refrigerate up to 5 days. When ready to serve, heat oven to 350°F. Top dip with remaining cheese, then bake 30 min. or until heated through.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7g|
|Saturated fat 1.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 3g|
|Total sugars 5g|
|Added sugars 4g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|