Veggie Filled Sloppy Joe Dip
Family game night is even more fun when you serve a fun dip like this sloppy joe skillet. WHEAT THINS Big Snacks are the perfect size for a hearty scoop.
- 1 lb. 93%-fat-free ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, corn, green beans, peas), thawed, well drained and chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 env. (1.31 oz.) sloppy joe seasoning mix
- ½ tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1½ cups shredded reduced-fat Colby and Monterey Jack cheeses, divided
- WHEAT THINS Big Snacks
- Crumble turkey into large cast-iron skillet. Add onions; cook and stir on medium heat until turkey is done, stirring occasionally.
- Add mixed vegetables, tomato sauce, seasoning mix and oregano; mix well. Cook 3 to 5 min. or until turkey mixture is heated through, stirring frequently. Add 3/4 cup cheese; cook and stir until melted. Remove from heat. Top with remaining cheese.
- Serve with WHEAT THINS.
Serve this flavorful dip, made with better-for-you ingredients, with WHEAT THINS Big Snacks for 21g of whole grains per serving.
Prepare using extra-lean ground beef.
Prepare using your favorite frozen vegetable, such as frozen chopped broccoli, or your favorite variety of frozen mixed vegetables. If vegetables are large, chop them after thawing and draining.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 6g|
|Saturated fat 1g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 5g|
|Added sugars 4g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|