Vanilla Mousse Cheesecake
This is not your mother’s cheesecake: It's the classic dessert topped with a fluffy, whipped layer of vanilla mousse. Sorry, Mom...but you always said to go the extra mile.
Prep time20 min
Total time6hr 15min
ServingsMakes 16 servings.
- 40 NILLA Wafers, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 4 pkg. (8 oz. each) brick cream cheese, softened, divided
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. vanilla, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Heat oven to 325ºF.
- Mix wafer crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat 3 pkg. cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar and 1 Tbsp. vanilla with mixer until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 50 to 55 min. or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool completely in pan.
- Beat remaining cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with mixer in large bowl until blended. Whisk in whipped topping; spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate 4 hours. Remove rim of pan before serving cheesecake.
Need a sweet treat to serve a crowd? Try this rich, creamy dessert! Since it serves 16 people, it easily fits the bill.
- Vanilla Bean Mousse Cheesecake
Prepare recipe as directed, using a vanilla bean and reducing vanilla extract to 2 tsp. Use sharp knife to gently split 1 vanilla bean pod lengthwise in half, then scrape seeds into cheesecake batter. Add 1 tsp. vanilla extract to the batter and use remaining extract to flavor cheesecake topping as directed.
- Special Extra
Garnish with fresh berries just before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 26g|
|Saturated fat 16g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 20g|
|Vitamin A||15 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|