- ½ lb. cremini mushrooms
- 45 RITZ Garlic Butter Crackers, finely crushed, divided
- 1 lb. 93%-fat-free ground turkey
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1¾ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ⅓ cup basil pesto
- ⅛ tsp. crushed red pepper
- ⅓ cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. finely chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce with 2 tsp. reserved sauce
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Process mushrooms in food processor until finely chopped; spoon into medium bowl.
- Reserve 1/3 cup cracker crumbs for later use. Add remaining cracker crumbs to mushrooms along with the turkey, cheese, parsley and Italian seasoning; mix just until blended.
- Shape into 32 (1-1/2-inch) balls; roll in reserved cracker crumbs until evenly coated. Place in single layer in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 25 to 30 min. or until done (165°F).
- Mix pesto and crushed pepper until blended; set aside. Mix tomato sauce, chipotle peppers and reserved adobo sauce in microwaveable bowl until blended. Microwave on HIGH 20 sec. or until heated through.
- Serve meatballs with the sauces.
Lean ground turkey and fresh cremini mushrooms team up to make the flavorful base for these meatballs that can fit into a healthful eating plan.
Prepare using ground chicken.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7g|
|Saturated fat 1.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber <1g|
|Total sugars 1g|
|Added sugars <1g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|