Prep time25 min
ServingsMakes 12 servings.
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ¼ cup chopped red bell peppers
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 cans (5 oz. each) tuna, drained, flaked
- ½ cup shredded Colby and Monterey Jack cheeses
- 1 egg, beaten
- 25 RITZ Crackers, crushed (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups oil
- Cook onions, bell peppers and crushed red pepper in skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat 10 min. or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally. Mix with potatoes, tuna and cheese; cool completely.
- Shape tuna mixture into 12 (3-inch-long) logs. Dip in egg, then roll in cracker crumbs to evenly coat all sides of each.
- Heat oil in large saucepan to 375°F. Add tuna logs, in batches; cook 6 min. or until evenly browned, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm.
- Cooking Know-How
For best results, use chilled leftover mashed potatoes.
- Serving Suggestion
This recipe also makes a great main dish. Each serving is about 3 croquettes.
- Special Extra
Serve with aioli, a garlic-flavored mayonnaise.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 10g|
|Saturated fat 2.5g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 1g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||6 %DV|