Toasted Almond Ice Cream Cake
Prep time20 min
Total time4hr 20min
ServingsMakes 16 servings.
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) LORNA DOONE Shortbread Cookies, coarsely crushed (about 3 cups crumbs), divided
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted, divided
- ½ gal. (2 qt.) vanilla ice cream, softened, divided
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the crushed cookies and 1/3 cup of the almonds on bottom of 9-inch springform pan; carefully spread half of the ice cream evenly over cookie mixture. Repeat all layers. Top with remaining crushed cookies and almonds; press into ice cream with back of spoon to secure. Cover.
- Freeze at least 4 hours.
- Remove side of pan. Cut dessert into 16 slices to serve. Store leftover dessert in freezer.
Enjoy a serving of this easy-to-make dessert on occasion.
- How to Toast Nuts
Spread almonds in single layer on baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 15g|
|Saturated fat 6g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 18g|
|Vitamin A||6 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|