Tahini, Avocado, Veggie & Yogurt Bites
Garden fresh vegetables come together spectacularly in these Mediterranean style party appetizer bites that are also low sodium.
- 2 Tbsp. plain nonfat Greek-style yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. tahini
- ½ cup coarsely shredded English cucumbers, squeezed dry
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
- 24 TRISCUIT Crackers
- ½ small avocado, cut into 24 pieces
- 6 EACH red and yellow grape tomatoes, each cut into 4 slices
- ⅛ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 24 fresh cilantro leaves
- Mix yogurt and tahini in medium bowl until blended. Add cucumbers and lemon zest; mix lightly.
- Spoon cucumber mixture onto crackers; top with avocados and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with crushed red pepper; top with cilantro.
Impress your guests with these delicious Mediterranean-inspired appetizers that are a good source of fiber and low in sodium. Each serving provides 16g of whole grains, thanks to the TRISCUIT Crackers.
Prepare using your favorite variety of TRISCUIT Crackers.
Substitute hummus for the tahini and/or finely shredded carrots for the cucumbers.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 5g|
|Saturated fat 0.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 3g|
|Total sugars <1g|
|Added sugars 0g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|