Sweetheart Strawberry Tarts
Rich strawberry filling topped with a creamy whipped topping dollop, all in an Oreo crust. If you're looking for a sweetheart, make these part of your plan.
Prep time30 min
Total time1hr 30min
ServingsMakes 12 servings.
- 26 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 2 cups)
- ⅓ cup margarine or butter, melted
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, divided
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 4½ tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup water, divided
- ½ cup thawed frozen whipped topping
- Mix cookie crumbs and margarine; spoon into 12 paper-lined muffin cups, adding about 2 rounded Tbsp. to each. Press onto bottoms and up sides of cups. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Reserve 12 of the smallest strawberries for garnish. Slice remaining strawberries. Mix sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice in small bowl; stir in 1/4 cup water. Set aside.
- Combine 1 cup strawberry slices and remaining water in small saucepan; bring to boil on medium-high heat. Simmer on medium-low heat 3 min., stirring occasionally. Stir in sugar mixture. Return to boil; cook and stir 1 min. or until sauce is clear and thickened. Cool slightly. Meanwhile, pat remaining strawberry slices dry. Spoon evenly into tart shells; top with strawberry glaze. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Top tarts with whipped topping and reserved whole strawberries just before serving.
- Best of Season
Select strawberries that are plump, brightly colored and have a strong strawberry fragrance.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 10g|
|Saturated fat 3g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 18g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||40 %DV|