Sweet and Spicy WHEAT THINS Snack Mix
Homemade snack mix is always popular, and this version filled with crackers, nuts and popcorn won't disappoint. It's easy to make mild, spicy or extra spicy!
Prep time25 min
ServingsMakes 15 servings, 2/3 cup each.
- 3 cups WHEAT THINS Original Snacks
- 1 can (11.5 oz.) mixed nuts
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. dried oregano leaves
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 4 cups cheddar popcorn
- ¼ tsp. chipotle chili pepper powder
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Combine crackers and nuts in large bowl. Drizzle with butter; mix lightly.
- Mix sugar, chili powder, oregano and garlic powder until blended. Sprinkle over cracker mixture; mix lightly.
- Spread onto foil-lined rimmed baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 8 to 10 min. or until lightly browned, stirring after 5 min. Cool completely.
- Place popcorn in large bowl. Add chipotle chile pepper powder; toss until evenly coated. Add WHEAT THINS mixture; mix lightly.
- Size Wise
Savor the flavor of this easy-to-make snack mix. Each satisfying serving goes a long way on flavor.
- Adjust the Spice Level
For a milder snack mix, omit the chipotle chile pepper powder. Or, for a spicier snack mix, increase the chipotle chile pepper powder to 1/2 tsp.
- Cheddar-Flavored Popcorn
Use a packaged air-popped cheddar-flavored popcorn to prepare this fun snack mix. Or, you can instead pop a bag of cheddar-flavored microwave popcorn.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 16g|
|Saturated fat 3.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 3g|
|Total sugars 3g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|