Sweet and Salty RITZ Cracker Pops
Halloween needs a perfectly portable dessert treat like these sweet and salty pops. RITZ Crackers with caramel and chocolate make a tasty combination.
Prep time30 min
ServingsMakes 18 servings, 1 pop each.
- 36 RITZ Crackers, divided
- 1 pkg. (11 oz.) caramels, divided
- 3 oz. (3/4 of 4-oz. pkg.) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted, divided
- 2 tsp. water
- 4 tsp. Halloween sprinkles
- Place 18 crackers, top sides down, in single layer on parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Microwave 1 caramel on small microwaveable plate on HIGH 20 to 25 sec. or just until softened. (Do not microwave until caramel starts to melt.) Carefully remove caramel from plate. Flatten to match shape of cracker, then place on 1 cracker on baking sheet. Drizzle with 1/2 tsp. melted chocolate, then cover with a lollipop stick and second cracker, top side up; press top cracker gently into chocolate to secure both the lollipop stick and top cracker.
- Repeat, one at a time, with additional lollipop sticks and 17 of the remaining caramels, some of the remaining chocolate and the remaining crackers to make a total of 17 additional pops.
- Place remaining caramels in microwavable bowl. Add water. Microwave on HIGH 1 min. or until caramels are completely melted, stirring after 45 sec.
- Drizzle melted caramel, then remaining melted chocolate over pops; immediately top with sprinkles.
- Refrigerate 10 to 15 min. or until caramel and chocolate drizzles are firm. Let treats stand at room temperature about 15 min. before serving to soften slightly.
- How to Easily Drizzle Melted Caramel and Chocolate
For easy drizzling, spoon the chocolate and remaining melted caramels into separate small resealable plastic bags. Seal bags. Snip one small corner off one bottom corner of each bag, then use to drizzle the melted caramels and chocolate over the treats.
- How to Store
Store treats in airtight container at room temperature up to 24 hours before serving.
- Safety Note
Be sure to not overheat the caramels when softening them in the microwave. They should be microwaved just enough for you to be able to easily flatten them, but not so long that they're hot enough to burn your hands. If desired, you can wear disposable plastic gloves to help protect your hands when flattening the caramels. The handling of the warm caramels should only be done by an adult. If working with children, have them help by separating the cookies, dipping the cookie sandwiches into the melted chocolate or adding the sprinkles.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 5g|
|Saturated fat 2.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 14g|
|Added sugars 12g|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|