Sweet and Salty Apple Wedge Pops
If you love caramel apples, these dessert bites are for you! Apple wedges are coated in chocolate, caramel and crunchy RITZ Crackers for a sweet and salty treat.
- 2 apples, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1½ pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate (6 oz.), melted
- 14 caramels
- ½ tsp. water
- 8 RITZ Crackers, coarsely crushed
- Insert 1 lollipop stick into each apple wedge; brush with lemon juice. Let stand 2 min. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Cover baking sheet with parchment. Dip apple pops, one at a time, halfway into chocolate; place on prepared baking sheet.
- Refrigerate 5 min. or until chocolate is firm.
- Microwave caramels and water in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 45 sec. to 1 min. or until caramels are completely melted and sauce is smooth, stirring every 20 sec.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over chocolate-dipped pops. Immediately sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Gently press crumbs into caramel sauce to secure.
- Refrigerate 5 min. or until caramel sauce is firm.
In addition to being low in sodium, these fun apple wedge pops are also a good source of fiber. Enjoy!
For 8 servings, prepare recipe as directed, cutting all ingredients in half.
- Make Ahead
These delicious apple pops can be refrigerated up to 1 hour before serving. Or for longer storage, the chocolate-dipped apple pops can be refrigerated up to 4 hours. Drizzle with caramel sauce and top with cracker crumbs, then refrigerate up to 1 hour before serving.
- Food Facts
This recipe can be prepared using either red or green apples, or 1 of each color. Choose firm, well-colored apples with smooth, blemish-free skins. Good snacking apples for this recipe are Fuji, Gala, Golden Delicious, Granny Smith and Red Delicious.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 4.5g|
|Saturated fat 2.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 13g|
|Added sugars 9g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|