Sweet Potato Dessert Casserole
Not just an ingredient for savory side dishes, sweet potatoes can also be used to create delicious desserts. Reminiscent of pumpkin pie, this creamy casserole features a graham topping instead of the traditional graham crust.
Prep time30 min
Total time1hr 5min
ServingsMakes 15 servings.
- 14 HONEY MAID Honey Grahams, halved, divided
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 3 lb. sweet potatoes (about 6), baked, cooled
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange 15 graham squares in single layer on bottom of 13x9-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray. Coarsely crush remaining graham squares; mix with butter, sugar and nuts.
- Peel potatoes; place in medium bowl. Mash until smooth. Add milk, eggs and pumpkin pie spice; mix well. Spoon over grahams in prepared pan.
- Bake 20 min. Sprinkle with crushed graham mixture; bake 10 to 15 min. or until center of potato mixture is set and graham topping is golden brown. Cool slightly.
- How to Bake the Sweet Potatoes
Pierce potatoes in several places with fork. Bake in 400°F oven 45 min. or until tender. Or, pierce with fork and microwave on HIGH 10 to 12 min. or until tender, turning after 6 min.
This fabulous dessert is equally delicious whether served warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate any leftovers up to 2 days. For best flavor, bring to room temperature before serving.
- Special Extra
Top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 11g|
|Saturated fat 4.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 4g|
|Total sugars 30g|
|Vitamin A||260 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|