Sweet "Burger" Bites
Prep time60 min
Total time6hr 40min
- 1½ pkg. (4 oz. each) white baking chocolate(6 oz.)
- 2 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. light corn syrup, divided
- 6 drops yellow food coloring
- 12 drops red food coloring, divided
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 18 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 2 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1 tsp. water
- 48 NILLA Wafers
- 2 tsp. sesame seed
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- 2 drops green food coloring
- Melt white chocolate as directed on package; let stand 30 min., stirring occasionally. Stir in 2 Tbsp. corn syrup until blended. (Mixture will resemble consistency of dry mashed potatoes.) Cover; let stand at least 4 hours or overnight. (It is normal for some cocoa butter to separate out upon standing.)
- Knead white chocolate mixture 3 min. or until smooth and pliable (Mixture will be stiff.) Divide chocolate mixture in half. Knead yellow food coloring and 1 drop red food coloring into one half. Roll out to 9x6-inch rectangle; cut into 24 (1-1/2-inch) squares for the cheese slices, re-rolling scraps as needed.
- Knead remaining red food coloring into remaining white chocolate mixture. Roll out to 7-1/2x5-inch rectangle; cut into 24 (1-1/4-inch) rounds for the tomato slices, re-rolling scraps as needed. Cover "cheese" and "tomato slices" with plastic wrap; let stand at room temperature until ready to assemble "sandwiches."
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended; shape into 24 (1-inch) balls. Flatten to 1-1/2-inch rounds for the burgers. Freeze 10 min. Meanwhile, melt semi-sweet chocolate as directed on package.
- Dip "burgers" in chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Meanwhile, mix water and remaining corn syrup; brush onto tops of 24 wafers for the tops of "buns." Sprinkle with sesame seed. Place coconut in large resealable plastic bag. Add green food coloring; seal bag. Shake to evenly tint coconut to resemble shredded lettuce.
- Place plain wafers, flat-sides up, on serving plate. Cover with remaining ingredients to resemble burgers as shown in photo.
Since these fun treats have built-in portion control, they can help you keep tabs on each bite.
- Special Extra
Use your imagination to add additional condiments, such as vanilla frosting for the mayonnaise, strawberry sauce for the ketchup, and flattened green gumdrops for the pickles, to the "burgers."
- Make Ahead
The white chocolate mixture can be prepared up to 1 week before using as directed. Store at room temperature. Re-knead to soften before rolling out and cutting into shapes as directed. In addition, the coconut can be tinted ahead of time and the 24 wafers can be brushed with the corn syrup mixture and sprinkled with sesame seed ahead of time. Refrigerate the coconut up to 1 week and store the wafers, lightly covered, at room temperature up to 1 day before using to assemble the sandwiches. Or, the sandwiches can be assembled ahead of time; refrigerate up to 24 hours before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 11g|
|Saturated fat 6g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 17g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|