SWEDISH FISH "Poison" Apples
For a fun fruit dessert for Halloween, try these whole apples decorated with white chocolate and candy to make them look like special "poison" fruit.
Prep time20 min
ServingsMakes 8 servings.
- 8 small Red Delicious apples with stems (2-1/2 lb.)
- 2 pkg. (4 oz. each) white baking chocolate, melted
- 24 SWEDISH FISH Soft & Chewy Candies
- 2 tsp. black colored sugar
- Remove wax coating from apples. (See tip.) Dry apples well with paper towels; place on parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Spoon chocolate over tops of apples, adding about 1 to 2 Tbsp. chocolate to each apple. Hold each apple by stem, then gently shake apple to allow chocolate to run down side of apple as shown in photo.
- Top apples with candies; sprinkle with sugar.
- Refrigerate 5 min. or until chocolate is firm.
- How to Remove the Wax Coating from the Apples
Add 1 Tbsp. EACH baking soda and lemon juice to 2 qt. warm water; mix well. Add apples; gently scrub with vegetable brush to remove the wax coating. Rinse well.
- Important Note
The wax coating needs to be removed from the apples in order for the chocolate to stick to the apples. Also, apples must be completely dry (as directed in recipe) before coating them with the melted chocolate.
- How to Store
Store prepared apples in refrigerator up to 1 week. Let stand at room temperature 15 min. before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 9g|
|Saturated fat 5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 3g|
|Total sugars 48g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||10 %DV|