Survivor Birthday Party Poke Cake
Prep time60 min
Total time5hr 40min
ServingsMakes 16 servings.
- 2 baked 9-inch round white cake layers, cooled
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 pkg. (3 oz. each) cherry gelatin
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 1/3 cup)
- 1½ cups assorted bug- or worm-shaped chewy fruit snacks
- Place cake layers, top-sides up, in 2 clean 9-inch round pans. Pierce cakes with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals.
- Add boiling water to gelatin mixes in small bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Pour over cake layers in pans. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Dip bottoms of cake pans in warm water 10 sec.; unmold. Fill and frost cake layers with whipped topping. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Decorate cake with cookie crumbs and fruit snacks as desired. Use small birthday cake sparklers for candles on the cake for torches.
- Make Ahead
Cake layers can be baked weeks ahead and frozen. Thaw layers, then continue with recipe beginning with piercing the cake layers with fork.
Prepare using your favorite flavor gelatin.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7g|
|Saturated fat 3.5g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 38g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|