Summertime Watermelon Salsa
Want the best summer salsa? This sweet and savory mix combines classic salsa ingredients with watermelon, avocado and feta for a delicious party dip.
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups seeded diced watermelon
- ¼ cup EACH finely chopped green and red peppers
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onions
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ avocado, chopped
- ½ cup small fresh cilantro leaves
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
- WHEAT THINS Big Snacks
- Mix honey, lime zest and lime juice until blended.
- Combine watermelon, peppers and onions in medium bowl. Add honey mixture; mix lightly.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Add avocados, cilantro and 1/4 cup cheese to watermelon mixture; mix lightly. Top with remaining cheese.
- Serve with WHEAT THINS.
Enjoy the great taste of eating well with these crisp whole wheat crackers served with a refreshing fruit salsa.
- Special Extra
Sprinkle salsa with freshly ground black pepper in addition to the remaining cheese.
Serve the salsa with WHEAT THINS Original Snacks instead of the WHEAT THINS Big Snacks. Makes 3-1/2 cups salsa or 28 servings, 2 Tbsp. salsa and 16 WHEAT THINS each.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 6g|
|Saturated fat 1g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 6g|
|Added sugars 5g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||6 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|