Summer Berry Crumb Bars
Prepare these delicious berry bars up to 3 days ahead for an easy-to-make recipe that's the perfect dessert to serve at your next casual party.
Prep time20 min
Total time2hr 0min
ServingsMakes 32 servings.
- 28 CHIPS AHOY! Cookies, divided
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ⅔ sugar, divided
- ¾ cup cold butter, cut up
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 cups coarsely chopped strawberries
- 2 cups blueberries
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides; spray with cooking spray. Chop 4 cookies; reserve for later use.
- Place remaining cookies in large resealable plastic bag; crush with rolling pin.
- Combine flour, baking powder and 1/3 cup sugar in large bowl; stir in crushed cookies. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg; mix well.
- Reserve 3/4 cup dough for later use. Press remaining dough onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining sugar in large bowl. Add berries; mix lightly. Spoon over crust.
- Add reserved chopped cookies to reserved dough; mix well. Crumble over dessert.
- Bake 35 min. or until fruit mixture is bubbling around the edges and topping is golden brown. Cool completely.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Use foil handles to remove dessert from pan before cutting into bars.
- How to Store
Store cut bars in tightly covered container in refrigerator up to 3 days before serving.
Substitute raspberries for the chopped strawberries.
For best results, do not use a food processor or blender to crush the cookies. By crushing them with the rolling pin as directed in recipe, the chocolate chips in the cookies should remain intact.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7g|
|Saturated fat 3.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber <1g|
|Total sugars 9g|
|Added sugars 7g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|