Street Corn Dip with Avocado Cream
The spicy flavors of fresh Mexican street corn stand out over creamy avocado in this layered dip. Make the corn mixture up to two days ahead for a delicious party appetizer.
- 1 ear corn on the cob, husks and silk removed, grilled
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1½ tsp. minced fresh jalapeño peppers
- ¼ tsp. chipotle chili pepper powder
- 3 Tbsp. crumbled Cotija cheese, divided
- 2 tsp. zest and 1 Tbsp. juice from 2 limes, divided
- 1 small fully ripe avocado
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-fat mayonnaise
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- WHEAT THINS Original Snacks
- Cut kernels off ear of corn. (See Tip.) Combine corn kernels with cilantro, jalapeños, chipotle powder, 2 Tbsp. cheese, 1 tsp. lime zest and 1-1/2 tsp. lime juice. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Mash avocado in medium bowl. Add sour cream, mayonnaise, dry seasonings, and remaining lime zest and juice; mix well.
- Spread avocado mixture onto bottom of serving dish; top with corn mixture and remaining cheese.
- Serve with WHEAT THINS.
Serve this flavorful dip, made with better-for-you ingredients, with WHEAT THINS for 21g of whole grains per serving.
- Make Ahead
The corn mixture can be refrigerated up to 2 days before using as directed. Since the avocado mixture will turn brown, it is best to prepare the avocado mixture just before assembling and serving the dip. But if you do want to make it ahead of time, cover the filled bowl with plastic wrap, pressing the plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the avocado mixture. Refrigerate up to 2 hours. Stir just before using to assemble the dip.
- Special Extra
Cut additional lime into wedges; use to garnish dip just before serving along with additional jalapeño pepper slices and fresh cilantro sprigs.
- How to Grill and Cut Corn
Heat grill pan on medium heat. Place ear of corn in hot pan. Grill 15 to 20 min. or until kernels are evenly charred, turning frequently. Cool. Place small bowl upside down in large bowl. Stand corn cob on small bowl, then use sharp knife to carefully cut kernels off corn ear into large bowl.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 8g|
|Saturated fat 1.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 5g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|