Strawberry Cream "Cake"
Though it looks like the diva of the dessert plate, this creamy no bake treat doesn't ask for much. It's 15 minutes of prep, plus however long it takes for the applause to end.
Prep time15 min
Total time3hr 30min
ServingsMakes 12 servings.
- 12 HONEY MAID Honey Grahams, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups crumbs)
- 6 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, divided
- 1¾ cups boiling water
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 oz. (1/4 of 4-oz. pkg.) semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Combine graham crumbs and butter; press onto bottom and halfway up side of 9-inch springform pan sprayed with cooking spray. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Reserve 6 strawberries for garnish; mash remaining strawberries. Set aside.
- Add boiling water to dry gelatin mix in large bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Add ice; stir until melted. Add whipped topping and mashed strawberries; stir with whisk until well blended. Refrigerate 10 min. or until gelatin mixture is very thick and will mound. Spoon into crust.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
- Run knife around rim of pan to loosen dessert; remove rim. Cut reserved strawberries lengthwise in half; place, cut sides down, around edge of dessert.
- Melt chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over strawberries. Let stand until firm.
Prepare using strawberry sugar free gelatin and frozen lite whipped topping.
- How to Mash the Strawberries
Crush strawberries with a potato masher. Or, process in food processor container until finely chopped, using pulsing action.
- How to Make in 13x9-inch Pan
Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Prepare recipe as directed. When ready to serve, use foil handles to remove dessert from pan, then cut into squares. Or, you can instead serve the dessert right from the pan.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 11g|
|Saturated fat 8g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 22g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||25 %DV|