Stadium OREO Cookie Balls
No matter which football team is leading, everybody wins with these delicious, easy-to-make chocolate cookie balls.
Prep time20 min
Total time1hr 30min
ServingsMakes 48 servings, 1 cookie ball each.
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed
- ¼ cup green sprinkles
- ¼ cup multi-colored nonpareils
- 2 oz. (1/2 of 4-oz. pkg.) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- ½ tsp. white decorating icing
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. Roll 24 balls in green sprinkles for the football stadium grass, then roll 20 of the remaining balls in nonpareils for the football fans. Place in single layer in shallow wax paper-lined pan.
- Shape remaining 4 balls into football shapes. Freeze 10 min. Dip in melted chocolate. Use decorating icing to draw laces on the footballs; place in pan along with the coated cookie balls.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Place some of the green sprinkle-covered cookie balls and a few chocolate-coated football-shaped cookie balls in a rectangular shape on a large board or platter to resemble a football field as shown in photo. Surround the football field with some of the multi-colored sprinkle-coated cookie balls for the football fans. Place remaining cookie balls in a bowl to serve with the cookie balls arranged on the serving board.
- Size Wise
Football fans will cheer for these charming cookie balls with their built-in portion control.
- Make it Your Way
You can instead coat all the cookie balls with green sprinkles, increasing the measure of sprinkles to 1/2 cup. Also, you can instead make just 1 football, adjusting the recipe as desired. Cool any remaining unused melted chocolate, then store it in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to use as desired.
- How to Easily Coat Cookie Balls with Sprinkles and Nonpareils
Place sprinkles and nonpareils on separate plates. Shape the cream cheese mixture into balls, then immediately roll them in the sprinkles or nonpareils until balls are lightly coated on all sides. Do not refrigerate the cookie balls first since the sprinkles and nonpareils will not stick to the cookie balls.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7g|
|Saturated fat 3.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 7g|
|Added sugars 7g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|