Springtime OREO Cookie Balls
White chocolate-dipped OREO Cookie balls, shaped like eggs, might just be the tastiest treat placed in your Easter basket this season.
Prep time30 min
Total time1hr 30min
ServingsMakes 40 servings, 1 cookie ball each.
- 6 oz. (3/4 of 8-oz. pkg.) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ tsp. orange extract
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 3 pkg. (4 oz. each) white baking chocolate, melted, divided
- 2 drops each red, yellow and blue food coloring
- Mix cream cheese, orange extract and cookie crumbs until blended. Shape into 40 (1-inch) egg-shaped balls. Freeze 10 min. Meanwhile, spoon 1 Tbsp. melted chocolate into each of 3 small bowls. Tint each with a different color food coloring.
- Dip balls in remaining (untinted) melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan. Decorate with tinted chocolate.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Keep refrigerated.
- How to Easily Dip Cookie Balls
To easily coat cookie balls with the melted chocolate, add balls, in batches, to bowl of melted chocolate. Use 2 forks to roll balls in chocolate until evenly coated. Remove balls with forks, letting excess chocolate drip back into bowl. Place balls in prepared pan; let stand until chocolate coating is firm.
Prepare using 36 Spring OREO Cookies.
- Size Wise
With their built in portion control, these easy-to-make cookie balls make the perfect treat to enjoy on a special occasion.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 6g|
|Saturated fat 3g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 9g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|