Spooky Black Cat Cupcakes
Cute cat faces made of OREO Cookies and candies top these Halloween chocolate cupcakes that have crushed cookies baked inside.
Prep time30 min
Total time1hr 31min
ServingsMakes 24 servings .
- 38 Boo OREO Cookies, divided
- 1 container (16 oz.) ready-to-spread chocolate frosting
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) devil's food cake mix
- 8 pieces black string licorice (12 inch), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 24 jelly beans, cut in half
- 48 pieces candy corn
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Chop 14 cookies coarsely. Prepare cake batter as directed on package; stir in chopped cookies.
- Spoon into 24 paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake 18 to 21 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 min.; remove to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, use some of the frosting to attach licorice pieces and candies to remaining cookies to resemble cat faces as shown in photo. Let stand until frosting is dry.
- Spread cupcakes with remaining frosting. Garnish with decorated cookies just before serving.
At 24 servings, this fun recipe is the perfect treat to serve at your Halloween party or classroom celebration!
Prepare using your favorite OREO Cookies.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 16g|
|Saturated fat 4g|
|Trans fat 0.5g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 38g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|