Spinach, Kale & Quinoa Dip
This delicious vegetarian appetizer dip is perfect to share with friends with a combination of chopped leafy greens, quinoa and Greek yogurt.
- 1 cup cooled cooked quinoa
- 1 cup tightly packed baby spinach leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup tightly packed baby kale leaves, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup plain nonfat Greek-style yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- ⅛ tsp. cracked black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped red peppers
- WHEAT THINS Original Snacks
- Combine quinoa, spinach and kale in medium bowl.
- Mix yogurt, oil, vinegar, garlic and black pepper until blended. Add to quinoa mixture; mix well.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Top with red peppers before serving with the WHEAT THINS.
Nonfat yogurt makes a creamy base for this flavorful dip that includes dark leafy greens. With 29g of whole grains per serving, WHEAT THINS Original Snacks provide the perfect pairing.
- Special Extra
For a touch of heat, stir a dash of ground red pepper (cayenne) or hot pepper sauce into the dip before refrigerating as directed.
Serve with WHEAT THINS Toasted Chips instead of the WHEAT THINS Original Snacks.
You will need to cook 1/2 cup quinoa to get the 1 cup cooked quinoa needed to prepare this delicious dip. Cook quinoa as directed on package; cool completely. To save time, you can prepare this dip using a quick-cooking quinoa or a pre-cooked quinoa cup - just choose one without a lot of other flavors in it.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 8g|
|Saturated fat 1g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 4g|
|Total sugars 5g|
|Added sugars 4g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||8 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|