Spicy Tuna Melts
- 2 fresh jalapeño peppers, divided
- 24 PREMIUM Saltine Crackers
- 1 can (5 oz.) white tuna in water, drained, flaked
- ¼ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- ½ cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 grape tomatoes, each cut into 4 slices
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Chop enough of the peppers to measure 2 tsp.; set aside. Cut remaining peppers into 24 slices.
- Place crackers in single layer on baking sheet. Combine tuna, mayonnaise and chopped peppers; spoon onto crackers. Top with cheese.
- Bake 3 to 5 min. or until tuna mixture is heated through and cheese is melted. Top with tomatoes and sliced peppers. Serve warm.
These fun appetizers feature the classic sandwich down-sized into bite-size melts. And since they are made with better-for-you ingredients, you can feel good about including them in a healthful eating plan.
Omit cheese. Top crackers with tuna mixture, tomatoes and sliced peppers. Do not bake.
- Special Extra
Garnish with fresh cilantro before serving.
Prepare using shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 3g|
|Saturated fat 1g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 0g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||6 %DV|