Spicy Radish Bites
Prep time10 min
ServingsMakes 5 servings, 5 topped crackers each.
- 4 oz. brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 serrano chile, chopped
- ½ tsp. zest and 1 Tbsp. juice from 1 lime
- 25 RITZ Crackers
- 5 large radishes, trimmed, cut into thin slices
- 25 small fresh cilantro leaves (about 1/4 cup)
- Mix cream cheese, chiles, lime zest and lime juice until blended.
- Spread onto crackers.
- Top with radishes and cilantro.
- Size Wise
Plan for snacks like these spicy radish bites. Planned snacking can be a great way to round out your diet and help tide you over until your next meal.
- How to Make Radishes Crisper
For added crispness, soak whole radishes in ice water for 30 min. before patting dry, slicing and using as directed.
- How to Purchase and Store Radishes
Radishes can vary significantly in size, shape and color. The most common variety is the globe- or oval-shaped red-skinned radish. Choose radishes that feel firm to the touch. If leaves are attached, they should be green and crisp. To store radishes, remove leaves then store radishes in plastic bag in refrigerator for up to 5 days. Wash radishes and remove the root ends just before using.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 12g|
|Saturated fat 6g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Added sugars 1g|
|Vitamin A||8 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|