Spicy Hot Cocoa OREO Cookie Balls
Spice up your dessert platter with these no bake cookie balls. Classic chocolate cookie balls get a new twist with added cinnamon and cayenne in the mix!
Prep time30 min
Total time1hr 40min
ServingsMakes 48 servings, 1 cookie ball each.
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 2 tsp. instant espresso
- 2 Tbsp. instant hot cocoa mix
- 3 Tbsp. vanilla marshmallow bits
- Mix cream cheese, cookie crumbs, cinnamon and red pepper until blended.
- Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min.
- Mix melted chocolate and espresso powder until blended.
- Dip cookie balls in melted chocolate mixture, turning to completely coat all sides of each ball with chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan. Sprinkle with dry instant hot cocoa mix, then marshmallow bits.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Keep refrigerated.
Top each chocolate-coated cookie ball with 2 or 3 miniature marshmallow halves instead of sprinkling with the marshmallow bits.
Omit instant espresso. Stir 1 tsp. additional ground cinnamon into the melted chocolate before using to coat the cookie balls as directed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 6g|
|Saturated fat 3.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 8g|
|Added sugars 8g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|