Spicy Cranberry Salsa
This orange and cranberry salsa includes bell peppers plus a spicy kick from jalapeños. It's the perfect salsa for your holiday appetizer spread.
- 1 navel orange
- 1 can (14 oz.) whole berry cranberry sauce
- ½ cup EACH finely chopped green and red bell peppers
- 2 tsp. finely chopped fresh jalapeño peppers
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- WHEAT THINS Original Snacks
- Grate enough peel off orange to measure 1 tsp. zest. Remove and discard remaining peel from orange, then section orange. (See tip.)
- Chop orange sections; place in medium bowl. Add cranberry sauce, peppers, lime zest, cinnamon, orange zest and 1/4 cup onions. Use fork to break cranberry sauce into small pieces while blending with other ingredients.
- Spoon salsa into serving bowl; sprinkle with remaining onions. Serve with WHEAT THINS.
This festive dip balances both sweet and spicy flavors perfectly. Serve alongside Wheat Thins Crackers and you'll get 21g of whole grains in each serving.
Serve with WHEAT THINS Big Snacks instead of the WHEAT THINS Original Snacks. Makes 20 servings, 2 Tbsp. salsa and 11 Big Snacks each.
- How to Section or Supreme an Orange
Cut both ends off orange with paring knife. Place orange, cut side down, on cutting board. Use even downward strokes of knife to cut peel off orange, following rounded shape of orange. Discard peel. Cut off any remaining white pith. Cut between the membranes of each orange section to remove the orange pieces.
- Special Extra
For more heat, prepare using 1 Tbsp. finely chopped jalapeño peppers.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 5g|
|Saturated fat 1g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 13g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||20 %DV|