Spicy Cauliflower "Hummus"
Looking for ways to eat more cauliflower? Try this spicy hummus style dip made with roasted cauliflower that tastes like spicy chicken wing dip.
Prep time30 min
Total time1hr 45min
ServingsMakes 1-1/2 cups dip or 12 servings, 2 Tbsp. dip and 16 WHEAT THINS each.
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) refrigerated fresh riced cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 Tbsp. hot pepper sauce, divided
- ¼ cup tahini
- ⅛ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled blue cheese
- WHEAT THINS Original Snacks
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Cover baking sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray. Toss cauliflower with 2 tsp. oil; spread onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 15 to 18 min. or until tender, stirring after 9 min. Cool 15 min.
- Reserve 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce and 1 tsp. of the remaining oil for later use. Place cauliflower in food processor or blender container. Add tahini, garlic powder, and remaining hot pepper sauce and oil; process until smooth.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Spoon cauliflower mixture into serving bowl; top with cheese. Drizzle with reserved hot pepper sauce and oil.
- Serve with WHEAT THINS.
When processing the cooked cauliflower in the food processor, add 1 to 2 Tbsp. water, if necessary, to thin dip to desired consistency.
- Special Extra
Garnish dip with finely chopped or thinly sliced celery before serving.
- Make Ahead
This flavorful dip can be prepared ahead of time. Refrigerate up to 3 days before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 11g|
|Saturated fat 1.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 4g|
|Total sugars 5g|
|Added sugars 4g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|