Spicy Brown Sugar BLT
Celebrate summer with these bite size BLT appetizers. Sweet and smoky sugared bacon is stacked with lettuce, tomato and mayo on a crisp RITZ Cracker.
Prep time15 min
ServingsMakes 6 servings, 4 topped crackers each.
- 6 slices center-cut bacon
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 24 RITZ Crackers
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- ⅔ cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 small Roma tomatoes, each cut into 12 slices
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Place wire rack on foil-covered rimmed baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Place bacon in single layer on rack.
- Combine sugar and red pepper. Sprinkle half the sugar mixture evenly over bacon; turn over. Sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake 15 min. or until crisp. Remove rack from baking sheet. Transfer bacon to parchment paper. Cool.
- Cut each bacon slice into 4 pieces. Top crackers with mayonnaise, lettuce, tomatoes and bacon.
- Make Ahead
The bacon can be cooked ahead of time. Cool, then place in resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate up to 24 hours. Let stand at room temperature 30 min. before using as directed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 9g|
|Saturated fat 2g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber <1g|
|Total sugars 13g|
|Added sugars 13g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|