Southwest Kale 'n Queso Dip
Jump on the kale bandwagon with this delicious creamy dip full of southwestern spice. Three melted cheeses make this a flavorful dip popular enough for a crowd!
Prep time15 min
ServingsMakes 3 cups dip or 24 servings, 2 Tbsp. dip and 16 WHEAT THINS each.
- 4 cups shredded kale
- 2 Tbsp. (about 1/2 of 1-oz. pkg.) reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) Neufchatel cheese, cubed
- 1 cup black bean and corn salsa
- ½ cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz. reduced-fat pepper Jack cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- WHEAT THINS Original Snacks
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Cook kale in large ovenproof skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat 1 to 2 min. or just until wilted, stirring frequently. Add taco seasoning mix; cook and stir 2 min.
- Add Neufchatel cheese, salsa, mozzarella and 1/2 cup pepper Jack cheese; stir. Cook on medium heat 4 to 5 min. or until cheeses are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with remaining pepper Jack cheese.
- Bake 8 to 10 min. or until cheese is melted and dip is heated through.
- Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with WHEAT THINS.
If you don't have an ovenproof skillet, you can use a regular skillet instead. Just wrap the skillet handle with several layers of foil before using as directed. Or, you can use a cast-iron skillet.
Substitute fresh spinach for the kale.
- How to Shred the Kale
Kale can be purchased pre-shredded. Or, you can instead buy whole kale leaves and shred them yourself. Wash the kale, then remove and discard the tough center stems. Stack a few leaves together, roll up and cut crosswise into thin shreds. Repeat as needed to get the 4 cups shredded kale needed to prepare this cheesy dip.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 12g|
|Saturated fat 4g|
|Trans fat 0.5g|
|Dietary fiber 3g|
|Total sugars 5g|
|Vitamin A||30 %DV|
|Vitamin C||10 %DV|