Southern "Peach Cobbler" Parfaits
Love a great peach cobbler, but never make it because of the work? Try our easy parfaits that are reminiscent of the popular dessert without all the work! Chocolate chip cookies add an extra special crunch to this dessert.
Prep time20 min
ServingsMakes 8 servings.
- 16 CHIPS AHOY! Cookies, divided
- ½ cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 pkg. (4-serving size each) vanilla instant pudding
- 1 qt. (4 cups) cold milk
- 3 peaches, divided
- ½ cup thawed frozen whipped topping
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Chop 12 cookies; place in medium bowl. Add nuts, butter and cinnamon; mix well. Spread onto rimmed baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 5 to 7 min. or until lightly toasted. Cool completely.
- Beat pudding mixes and milk with whisk 2 min. Cut 1 peach in half. Wrap 1 peach half with plastic wrap; reserve for later use. Chop remaining peach half and whole peaches.
- Layer half EACH of the pudding, cookie mixture and chopped peaches evenly in 8 (8-oz.) parfait glasses or dessert cups; repeat layers. Top with whipped topping.
- Cut remaining cookies in half with serrated knife. Cut reserved peach half into 8 slices. Garnish parfaits with cookie halves and peach slices.
- How to Make Smaller Parfaits
Substitute 16 (4-oz.) jars for the parfait glasses. Chop 12 cookies; cut remaining cookies into quarters instead of cutting them in half. Spoon all the pudding into jars; top with cookie mixture and chopped peaches. Cut reserved peach half into 8 slices, then cut each slice crosswise in half. Garnish each parfait with a quartered cookie and halved peach slice.
Substitute 2 cans (15.25 oz. each) sliced peaches, drained and chopped, for the fresh peaches.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 17g|
|Saturated fat 6g|
|Trans fat 0.5g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 36g|
|Vitamin A||8 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|