Sour Cream Topped Cheesecake
This sour cream topped cheesecake is everything you imagine a dessert to be. Creamy. Rich. Delicious. It is the perfect ending to a great meal!
Prep time25 min
Total time5hr 35min
ServingsMakes 16 servings.
- 8 HONEY MAID Honey Grahams, finely crushed (about 1 cup crumbs)
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 3 pkg. (8 oz. each) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. zest and 1 Tbsp. juice from 1 lemon
- 1½ tsp. vanilla, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups sour cream
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Combine graham crumbs, butter and 2 Tbsp. sugar; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 min.
- Beat cream cheese, lemon zest and lemon juice with 1/2 tsp. vanilla and 3/4 cup of the remaining sugar in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 55 min. to 1 hour or until center of cheesecake is almost set.
- Mix sour cream with the remaining sugar and vanilla until well blended; carefully spread over cheesecake. Bake 10 min. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim.
- Refrigerate cheesecake 4 hours.
Enjoy a serving of this rich and indulgent treat on special occasions. It's sure to be a hit with your guests.
- How to Soften the Cream Cheese
Place completely unwrapped packages of cream cheese on microwaveable plate. Microwave on HIGH 15 to 20 sec. or just until cream cheese is slightly softened.
If baking the cheesecake in a dark nonstick 9-inch springform pan, reduce the oven temperature to 300°F.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 22g|
|Saturated fat 14g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 17g|
|Vitamin A||15 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|