Snowman Cheese Ball
Prep time15 min
Total time1hr 15min
ServingsMakes 16 servings, 2 Tbsp. spread and 5 crackers each.
- 1 tub (8 oz.) cream cheese spread
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh chives
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted, chopped
- ¼ tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. peppercorns
- 1 baby carrot
- RITZ Crackers
- Mix first 5 ingredients until blended. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Divide cheese mixture into 3 different-size balls (1 small, 1 medium and 1 large). Coat with Parmesan. Arrange in line on serving plate to resemble a snowman lying down. (Largest ball should be at bottom of plate for the snowman's base, and the smallest ball should be at the top for the snowman's head.)
- Decorate with all remaining ingredients except crackers to resemble photo. Serve with the crackers.
Prepare using reduced-fat cream cheese spread and shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese.
Prepare cheese mixture as directed, then shape as follows: Yule Log: Omit Parmesan. Divide cheese mixture in half. Roll each half into log. Roll in chopped cashews and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley to resemble yule logs. Decorated Christmas Tree: Omit Parmesan. Drop cheese mixture by tablespoonfuls into triangular shape on small platter; smooth top with spatula to resemble Christmas tree shape. Add a few pretzel sticks for the tree trunk and chopped red, green and yellow peppers for the ornaments. Truffles: Shape cheese mixture into 1/2-inch balls. Roll in Parmesan cheese, or in ground pecans, dry bread crumbs or chopped fresh parsley, if desired. Wreath: Omit Parmesan. Drop cheese mixture by spoonfuls around drinking glass on serving plate; smooth top with spatula. Remove glass. Garnish with finely chopped fresh parsley and red peppers to resemble a Christmas wreath.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 15g|
|Saturated fat 7g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Added sugars 1g|
|Vitamin A||10 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|