Smoky Green Bean Casserole
Savory bacon, a cheesy sauce and crushed Ritz Crackers. Ordinary green bean casseroles, watch out.
Prep time40 min
Total time1hr 5min
ServingsMakes 10 servings, 1/2 cup each.
- 1½ lb. fresh green beans, trimmed, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) shredded triple-cheddar cheese
- 8 RITZ Crackers, crushed (about 1/3 cup)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Add beans to large saucepan of boiling water; cook on medium heat 4 to 6 min. or until crisp-tender. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- Cook bacon in same saucepan on medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard all but 2 Tbsp. drippings from skillet. Add onions to reserved drippings; cook and stir 4 min. or until tender. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in milk until well blended; cook and stir 3 min. or until thickened. Add cheese; cook and stir 3 min. or until melted.
- Stir in beans and bacon; spoon into 1-1/2-qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray. Top with cracker crumbs.
- Bake 25 min. or until heated through.
Enjoy your favorite foods while keeping portion size in mind.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 13g|
|Saturated fat 7g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 4g|
|Vitamin A||15 %DV|
|Vitamin C||6 %DV|