Slow-Cooker Mexican Spinach Dip
Need to make your appetizer hours before the party? This zesty spinach dip takes just 10 minutes to prep and then can cook for hours in the slow cooker.
Prep time10 min
Total time4hr 10min
ServingsMakes 3-1/2 cups dip or 28 servings, 2 Tbsp. dip and 11 WHEAT THINS each.
- 1 container (5 oz.) baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 fresh jalapeño peppers, divided
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Neufchatel cheese, cubed
- 1½ cups shredded low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1½ cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (10 oz.) diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- WHEAT THINS Big Snacks
- Place spinach in slow cooker sprayed with cooking spray.
- Slice 1 pepper; reserve for later use. Finely chop remaining pepper; add to slow cooker along with the Neufchatel, shredded cheeses and tomatoes. Cover with lid.
- Cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours (or on HIGH 2 to 3 hours). Stir until cheeses are completely melted and dip is well blended.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and reserved sliced peppers.
- Serve with WHEAT THINS.
Prepare using 1 red mini sweet pepper in place of 1 green jalapeño pepper.
Serve with WHEAT THINS Original Snacks. Makes 28 servings, 2 Tbsp. dip and 16 WHEAT THINS each.
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled when serving a crowd. Just prepare as directed, increasing all ingredients proportionally.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 9g|
|Saturated fat 3g|
|Trans fat 0.5g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 4g|
|Vitamin A||10 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|