Skillet Spinach Gratin
Prep time5 min
ServingsMakes 6 servings, 1/2 cup each.
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 6 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 1½ lb. baby spinach leaves or 2 bags (10 oz. each) fresh spinach leaves (about 4 cups)
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) brick cream cheese, cubed
- 15 RITZ Crackers, coarsely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Cook onions and bacon in large skillet on medium-high heat 5 to 7 min. or until bacon is crisp, stirring frequently. Drain.
- Add spinach; cook 3 to 5 min. or until spinach is slightly wilted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Add cream cheese; mix well.
- Combine cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Sprinkle over spinach mixture just before serving.
- Serving Suggestion
Serve this cheesy side dish as an accompaniment to lean grilled meat, fish or poultry and a mixed green salad.
Prepare as directed, substituting cleaned and deveined Swiss chard for the spinach.
- Creative Leftovers
Cover and refrigerate any leftovers. Mix with your favorite shredded cheese and use as a filling for quesadillas.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 14g|
|Saturated fat 7g|
|Dietary fiber 3g|
|Total sugars 3g|
|Vitamin A||180 %DV|
|Vitamin C||25 %DV|