Saltine Caramel Bars
Prep time15 min
Total time1hr 45min
ServingsMakes 24 servings, 1 bar each.
- 36 PREMIUM Saltine Crackers, divided
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup chopped whole natural almonds
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan; spray with cooking spray. Arrange 24 crackers in single layer on bottom of prepared pan, cutting crackers to fit if necessary. Crush remaining crackers.
- Reserve 1/4 cup chocolate chips for later use. Top cracker layer in pan with remaining chocolate chips, nuts and crushed crackers. Pour milk evenly over ingredients in pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 min. or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Melt reserved chocolate chips as directed on package; drizzle over dessert. Refrigerate 5 min. or until chocolate is firm. Use foil handles to remove dessert from pan before cutting into bars.
Substitute pecans, walnuts or roasted peanuts for the almonds.
Prepare using bittersweet or dark chocolate chips.
- How to Easily Drizzle the Melted Chocolate
Spoon melted chocolate into resealable plastic bag; cut small piece off one bottom corner of bag. Use to drizzle chocolate over dessert.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7g|
|Saturated fat 3g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 18g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|