Salmon & Corn Chowder with Bacon
Prep time10 min
ServingsMakes 6 servings, 1-1/3 cups chowder and 5 crackers each.
- 2 tsp. oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 3 cups milk
- ¾ lb. new potatoes (about 6), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 can (11 oz.) corn with red and green bell peppers, undrained
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 6 oz. VELVEETA®, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1½ lb. salmon, skin removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 slices chopped bacon, cooked
- RITZ Crackers
- Heat oil in medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Add onions, celery and garlic; cook 5 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Stir in flour; cook and stir 1 min. Whisk in milk. Add potatoes, corn and thyme; cover. Simmer 20 min. or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in VELVEETA and mustard; cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 5 min. or until VELVEETA is melted. Stir in fish; cook 8 min. or until fish flakes easily with fork. Remove and discard thyme sprigs.
- Top chowder with bacon. Serve with crackers.
- Serving Suggestion
Round out the meal with a mixed green salad tossed with your favorite salad dressing.
- Food Facts
Atlantic salmon is in season from summer through early winter. When available, purchase it to prepare this flavorful chowder.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 25g|
|Saturated fat 9g|
|Dietary fiber 14g|
|Total sugars 13g|
|Vitamin A||20 %DV|
|Vitamin C||35 %DV|