Root Beer-Pulled Pork TRISCUIT Nachos
Root beer is the secret ingredient to flavorful pulled pork nachos stacked on TRISCUIT Crackers and covered in melted cheese and nacho toppings.
- 1 Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 1 boneless pork loin (1/2 lb.)
- 1 small can (7.5 oz.) root beer
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 24 TRISCUIT Crackers
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Spread Spanish onions onto bottom of shallow pan sprayed with cooking spray. Top with meat. Pour root beer over meat and onions; sprinkle meat with dry seasonings.
- Bake 35 min. or until meat is tender (165°F), stirring onions occasionally. Remove meat from oven; cool slightly. Meanwhile, reduce oven to 350°F.
- Transfer meat to cutting board; pull into shreds. Add shredded meat to onions and pan drippings in baking pan; stir.
- Place crackers, with sides touching, in single layer to form rectangle on parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Top with cheese and meat mixture.
- Bake 5 min. or until cheese is melted and meat mixture is heated through.
- Top with tomatoes, green onions and sour cream.
Since these flavorful appetizers are made with whole wheat crackers, they can help you eat right. As a bonus, the cheese provides a good source of calcium.
Don't have a small can of root beer? You can instead use 1 cup of root beer from a bottle or larger can.
Substitute a boneless turkey breast, sometimes called a turkey "London broil," or beef London broil for the pork loin.
If you can't find a pork loin this small, just ask the butcher to cut one for you. They are generally happy to give you the size you would like. Or, buy a larger piece of meat and cut off the amount needed to prepare this recipe. Freeze the remaining meat to use at a later time as desired.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 4.5g|
|Saturated fat 2g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 3g|
|Added sugars 2g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|