Roasted Sweet Potato Taco "Flatbread"
Enjoy the flavors of vegetarian sweet potato tacos on crisp crackers with this party appetizer. Delicious Mexican flavors combine perfectly in these taco bites.
- 1 large sweet potato (about 3/4 lb.), peeled
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 48 TRISCUIT Crackers
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar-Jack cheese, divided
- ½ cup rinsed canned black beans
- ½ medium avocado, diced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- ¾ cup pico de gallo
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- Heat oven to 400°F. Cover 2 rimmed baking sheets with foil; spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cut potato into 1/4-inch-thick slices, then cut each slice into bite-size pieces; place in medium bowl. Add oil; mix lightly. Sprinkle with taco seasoning mix; toss to evenly coat potatoes with seasoning.
- Spread potatoes into single layer on one of the prepared baking sheets.
- Roast 10 to 12 min. or until potatoes are tender and lightly browned. Meanwhile, place crackers, with sides touching, in rectangular shape on second prepared baking sheet.
- Remove potatoes from oven. Do not turn oven off.
- Top crackers with 3/4 cup cheese, potatoes, beans and remaining cheese. Bake 5 min. or until cheese is melted.
- Top with avocado; sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve topped with pico de gallo and sour cream.
Both rich in vitamin A from the sweet potato and a good source of fiber, this flavorful flatbread can help you eat right.
- Special Extra
For a touch of heat, drizzle with Sriracha sauce (hot chili sauce), hot sauce or Calabrian chilies before serving.
Prepare recipe as directed, substituting your favorite cut-up fresh vegetables, such as Brussels sprouts, butternut squash, carrots, cauliflower or parsnips, for the sweet potato.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7g|
|Saturated fat 2g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 4g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Added sugars 0g|
|Vitamin A||25 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|