Roasted Red Pepper Dip Filled Jack-o'-Lanterns
For the perfect Halloween appetizer, try carving faces into bell peppers then using them to serve this creamy roasted red pepper and spinach dip. So fun!
Prep time30 min
Total time1hr 30min
ServingsMakes 3-1/2 cups dip or 28 servings, 2 Tbsp. dip and 16 WHEAT THINS each.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 EACH green, red and yellow pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8 oz. pkg.) Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large orange peppers
- 2 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves, chopped
- WHEAT THINS Original Snacks
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Combine onions, chopped peppers and garlic; spread onto large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil; toss gently until vegetables are evenly coated with oil.
- Bake 15 min. or until vegetables are crisp-tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- Beat Neufchatel cheese in large bowl with mixer until creamy; beat in sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, rosemary and black pepper until blended. Stir in spinach and cooked vegetables.
- Refrigerate 30 min.
- Cut tops off orange peppers. Use small sharp knife to remove seeds and ribs from insides of peppers. Carve jack-o'-lantern faces on peppers as shown in photo.
- Fill with sour cream mixture.
- Serve with WHEAT THINS.
- How to Store Leftovers
Any leftover dip can be refrigerated up to 3 days before serving.
If the orange peppers are not large enough to hold all the dip, just fill them with some of the dip and refill as needed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 8g|
|Saturated fat 1.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 3g|
|Total sugars 5g|
|Added sugars 4g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||10 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|