RITZ Zucchini Roll-Up "Lasagna" Bites
Enjoy the flavors of vegetarian lasagna on a crisp buttery cracker with these cheesy zucchini roll up appetizers.
Prep time30 min
ServingsMakes 6 servings, 4 topped crackers each.
- 1 zucchini (7 inch)
- 6 oz. mozzarella cheese, cut into 16 slices
- 24 fresh basil leaves
- 24 RITZ Crackers
- ¼ cup marinara sauce
- 2 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cut zucchini lengthwise into 8 (1/8-inch-thick) slices. (See Tip.)
- Top each zucchini slice evenly with 2 mozzarella cheese slices and 3 basil leaves; roll up starting at one short end of zucchini slice. Secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Stand roll-ups in microwaveable dish or pie plate. Microwave on HIGH 30 to 45 sec. or until zucchini is crisp-tender and cheese begins to melt.
- Remove and discard toothpicks. Cut each roll-up crosswise into 3 slices, pat dry with paper towel. Place on crackers.
- Top with marinara sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- Size Wise
Enjoy eating appetizers at a social occasion but be mindful of portion size so you don’t overdo it on calories.
- How To Easily Cut the Zucchini
Trim and discard both ends of zucchini. Cut zucchini lengthwise in half. Use mandoline to cut 1/8-inch-thick slices from zucchini halves. Discard the outer slices since they will be too narrow for making the roll-ups. If you do not have a mandoline, you can instead use a vegetable peeler or cheese slicer to cut the zucchini into slices. Just place the zucchini halves, cut sides down, on a flat work surface. Pull vegetable peeler or cheese slicer lengthwise down zucchini halves to get the slices. Discard the first 1 or 2 slices since they will be too narrow to prepare these roll-ups.
- Special Extra
Spread 1/2 tsp. basil pesto onto each cracker before topping with roll-ups, sauce and Parmesan cheese as directed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 10g|
|Saturated fat 4.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber <1g|
|Total sugars 3g|
|Added sugars 1g|
|Vitamin A||8 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|