Looking for a make ahead side dish that everyone will love? Combine RITZ Crackers with shredded zucchini and cheese for delicious nugget bites.
Prep time30 min
ServingsMakes 8 servings, 4 nuggets and 1 Tbsp. sauce each.
- 2½ cups packed shredded zucchini (about 2 zucchini)
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 45 RITZ Crackers, finely crushed, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 small carrot, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Place zucchini in colander. Sprinkle with salt; toss gently to evenly coat zucchini with salt. Let stand 10 min.
- Meanwhile, mix ketchup and mayonnaise until blended. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Wrap zucchini in paper towels or clean kitchen towel, then squeeze to remove as much liquid from zucchini as possible.
- Whisk eggs in medium bowl until blended. Add zucchini, carrots, cheese and dry seasonings; mix well. Stir in all but 3/4 cup cracker crumbs.
- Cover baking sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray. Place remaining cracker crumbs in pie plate. Roll tablespoonfuls of zucchini mixture into 32 balls; shape each into oval-shaped nugget. Roll, in small batches, in cracker crumbs until evenly coated with crumbs. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 15 to 18 min. or until heated through and golden brown, turning after 10 min.
- Serve with ketchup mixture.
- Food Facts
After squeezing the drained salted zucchini, you should have about 1-1/3 cups packed drained zucchini.
- Make Ahead
These crisp nuggets can be prepared ahead of time. Bake nuggets as directed; cool completely. Refrigerate up to 3 days. When ready to serve, bake in 350°F. oven 10 min. or until done. Or, freeze the cooled baked nuggets in tightly covered container up to 1 month; thaw in refrigerator before reheating to serve.
- How to Crush the Crackers
Place crackers in resealable plastic bag; press bag to remove excess air, then seal bag. Use rolling pin to crush crackers into crumbs.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 14g|
|Saturated fat 4g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber <1g|
|Total sugars 5g|
|Added sugars 2g|
|Vitamin A||10 %DV|
|Vitamin C||6 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|