RITZ®-y Macaroni & Cheese
Homemade mac and cheese is flavored with a bit of mustard, topped with buttery cracker crumbs and baked for an irresistible family favorite.
Prep time15 min
ServingsMakes 6 servings, 1 cup each.
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) margarine or butter, divided
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked, drained
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 12 RITZ Crackers, crushed (about 1/2 cup crumbs)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Melt 2 Tbsp. of the margarine in large saucepan on medium heat. Add flour; stir until well blended. Gradually add milk, stirring until well blended. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Add cheese, macaroni and mustard; mix well. Pour into lightly greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Melt remaining 2 Tbsp. margarine; drizzle over crumbs.
- Bake 30 to 40 min. until top is browned and mixture is heated through.
- Serving Suggestion
Serve with fresh fruit and a side salad.
Prepare as directed, using grainy Dijon mustard.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 24g|
|Saturated fat 10g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 6g|
|Vitamin A||20 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|