Love quesadillas? Try these simple but delicious bite sized appetizers with melted cheddar cheese and black beans sandwiched between RITZ Crackers.
Prep time10 min
ServingsMakes 6 servings, 2 cracker sandwiches and 2 Tbsp. salsa each.
- 24 RITZ Crackers
- 4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 24 slices
- 3 Tbsp. rinsed canned black beans
- ¾ cup fresh salsa
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place crackers in single layer on baking sheet; top with cheese.
- Spoon beans onto 12 topped crackers.
- Bake 2 to 4 min. or just until cheese begins to melt.
- Place bean-topped crackers on plate; top with cheese-topped crackers, cheese sides down.
- Serve with salsa.
- Quesadillas Your Way
Prepare the RITZ-Wich Quesadillas the way you like them. Substitute your favorite sliced natural chunk cheese, such as pepper Jack or Manchego, for the cheddar cheese. Add jalapeño pepper slices or some shredded rotisserie chicken to the bean-topped crackers before baking as directed. Serve with sour cream and/or guacamole in addition to the salsa.
- Special Extra
Top each bean-topped cracker with a fresh cilantro leaf before covering with cheese-topped cracker.
Substitute 2 Tbsp. refried beans for the black beans.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 10g|
|Saturated fat 4.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Added sugars 2g|
|Vitamin A||8 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|