RITZ Spinach-Mozzarella Sticks
Prep time30 min
Total time1hr 0min
ServingsMakes 16 servings, 2 mozzarella sticks and 1 Tbsp. sauce each.
- ¾ cup tightly packed baby spinach leaves
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- ½ cup drained roasted red peppers (1/2 of 12-oz. jar)
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup flour
- 40 RITZ Crackers, finely crushed
- 1 qt. (4 cups) oil
- Place spinach and 1 Tbsp. water in a microwaveable bowl. Cover and microwave until starting to wilt, about 30 to 45 sec. Cool, then chop.
- Mix cream cheese, mozzarella, garlic powder and cooled spinach until blended; spread onto bottom of parchment-lined 8-inch square pan.
- Freeze 30 min. Meanwhile, blend mayonnaise, peppers and lemon juice in blender until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Beat eggs in shallow dish until blended. Place flour in separate shallow dish, then place cracker crumbs in third dish.
- Use parchment handles to transfer cheese mixture to cutting board; cut in half, then cut each half crosswise into 16 sticks. Working in small batches, dip cheese sticks, one at a time in flour, then eggs, then cracker crumbs, turning to evenly coat each cheese stick with each ingredient.
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 350°F. Add cheese sticks, in small batches, to hot oil; cook 30 to 40 sec. or until golden brown. Remove from oil with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Cool slightly.
- Serve with roasted red pepper sauce.
- Snack Mindfully
Stay in the moment and focus on what you’re eating for a satisfying experience with a portion of your snack.
- Make Ahead
These fun-to-eat cheese sticks can be partially prepped ahead of time. Coat cheese sticks with ingredients as directed. Wrap tightly, then place in single layer in freezer-weight resealable plastic bag. Freeze up to 1 week before frying and serving as directed. No need to thaw before frying the cheese sticks in the hot oil.
- How to Reheat in the Oven
Cool, then refrigerate any leftover cheese sticks. When ready to serve, heat oven to 350°F. Place cheese sticks in single layer on parchment-covered baking sheet. Bake 5 min. or until heated through.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 18g|
|Saturated fat 6g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Added sugars <1g|
|Vitamin A||10 %DV|
|Vitamin C||6 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|